About Me

My photo
This sums up my ideals-- "I swear--by my life and my love of it--that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine." --Ayn Rand (from Galt's Speech, Atlas Shrugged

Thursday, August 14, 2008

This is Retarded...lol


Now the New Left is attacking the Hollywood Left. This is just too funny. The following quote from the article is an example of what would happen in this country if the New Left ever get's full power.

"The protesters held up signs with slogans such as 'Call me by my name, not by my label' and chanted phrases like 'Ban the movie, ban the word.' "

Umm...bye, bye right to free speech.

Suffice it to say, a proper rights protecting government would protect all speech (given normal context) even of the "offensive" variety.

To quote Voltaire: I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

That is the statement of a rational man and implies the actions of a moral government or any other organization of men.

It is what it is, though.

EC

No comments: