About Me

My photo
This sums up my ideals-- "I swear--by my life and my love of it--that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine." --Ayn Rand (from Galt's Speech, Atlas Shrugged

Friday, August 22, 2008

I Don't Normally Write Poetry, But I Did Write This, Though I Know Not How Well

I Just Don't Know


I just don't know what there is left to do?

Whatever it is I do, it's your love that will never just be mine.

But yet it has never, ever, fully left my mind.

Like a distant beach, you are always just out of my reach.

The whole world is the wager I would have bet, that one day mine you'd be, if at it, always, I just had kept!

But it was me, that without contradiction, I had to first learn to be.

What I what do just to convince you! For the chance to show my value of who's equal there is no other.

Yet, still, you always want another. Sometime's for that reason alone, I wish I had never been just "her brother".

Because then maybe you would have always seen me as the One instead of always searching for another every where else under the sun.

Back I stepped for several years just so that you'd have the freedom to search the whole of this wide kingdom.

Because sometimes when the one that should be yours is has alway been too near it is that voice that you just can not clearly hear.

From familiarity breeds blindness to what has always been seen.

Oh my god, what could have been!

If only you had always just seen, what it is that to me, you alone mean.