About Me

My photo
This sums up my ideals-- "I swear--by my life and my love of it--that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine." --Ayn Rand (from Galt's Speech, Atlas Shrugged

Friday, October 3, 2008

Now We Are In Deep Shxt

I just read that the "bailout" bill has passed in the House, now all that it needs to become law is Bush's signature. We are in deep shit. Pardon my language. But this level of government intervention in the economy can probably only lead to one thing--a Great Depression, 21st Century style.

I don't want to sound like Chicken Little, but I'm afraid this time the sky is falling. What we need to do is use this horrible event as a chance to forward our ideas. From now on whenever the inevitable bad news on the economy hits we have to be out there countering it from all possible angles. We need to use this government created crisis to explain to the average non-philosophical citizen why it is the government that caused this mess and that it's actions are making it exponentially worse by the day.

We need to turn this national tragedy into an opportunity; an opportunity to advance our ideals of a better Capitalist and egoistic society.

No comments: